Thursday, April 28, 2016

Spring Changes


Spring has finally arrived with a vengeance in Appalachia.  I haven't posted in almost a year, mostly posting on Facebook.  Today was different and I felt like I needed to return to my old friend, my nature blog.  The Blood Root photo above and the Large Flowered Trillium below were taken a few weeks ago.  Since then, it has been so hot and windy, the woods are dry even with some rain this week. 

 My melancholy has to do with the photo of Kookie below.  She passed away last Saturday night, too quick for me. 
This was the last photo I took of Kookie on March 27, her birthday and Easter Sunday.  She was born on March 27, 2005, also an Easter Sunday.  I had made her favorite dog bacon and cheese dog biscuits that morning and taken her on a walk.  I was trying to get a picture of her chest since it appears to be a cross there.  She was a great dog, always ready for a walk or a treat.  We will miss you Kookie.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about Kookie, but so nice to see a post from you. We won't have those flowers for about two weeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so difficult to lose a beloved dog. Feeling your pain. Hope the incoming spring will give you other things to think about.

    Happy to see you pop up on the list this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kookie looks so beautiful. So sorry for your loss. Great to see you back with your beautiful photos. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry to hear about your dear friend's passing. Such a hard time to get through. Kookie looked lovely in your last photograph.

    ReplyDelete