This female Northern Cardinal, two male Purple finches, and a male American Goldfinch wait patiently for their turn at the feeder.
These Mourning Doves are not waiting for the feeder since they feed on the ground. I guess they are just trying to keep warm.
This is the best photograph I could get of the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker feeding on suet. He has been around for the last month. He will not eat sunflower seeds so I am trying to keep the suet there all the time.
Chris--here are my 7 random facts about me. I don't have anybody to tag since I think everyone's blog I read has been tagged. This might be more than you wanted to know...
- I have 9 brothers and sisters, 20 nieces and nephews, 40+ great nieces and nephews, and 2 great-great nephews.
- For future retirement, my parents bought an Ozark farm when I was about 11. I loved the woods, the vegetable garden, and especially the creek where I swam almost everyday during the summer.
- When I was a rising high school senior, I went up in the workmen’s elevator on the outside of the Gateway Arch in
before it was finished (actually about two-thirds done). I was the second woman to go up in the Arch (after my boyfriend’s father’s girlfriend) but officially the mayor’s wife was the first but her ride was the easy way on the inside train after the Arch’s completion. St. Louis
- I lived on a sailboat in
in the U.S. St. Thomas Harbor Virgin Islandsfor six months in the 70s. It was rent-free because my husband’s and my best qualifications were that we didn’t know how to sail; and so, we would not be tempted to take the boat out of the harbor.
- In 1999, I spent a week in
presenting at a conference. One evening at the hotel, I received a special delivery letter from the U.S. Embassy warning me to be on guard for kidnappers because President Clinton had given an ultimatum to the Afghan government to hand over Osama bin Laden. At the time, I had no idea who Osama bin Laden was. Kuwait
- I love to play pool and compete in an area billiards league.
- Nature is my refueler and my best source of inspiration (also inspiring are other nature bloggers).