Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Migrating Birds: Black Throated Green Warbler

For a couple weeks, we have had large flocks of black birds migrating through. The other day a flock of grackles were in the yard, sounding like a flock of chickens. It's bird migration time. The following photos were taken on September 26.



This Black-Throated Green Warbler was on our mimosa tree. He flew around so fast, it was hard to get the photo with my point-and-shoot camera.



Here's another shot of him from below.

Now, I'm waiting to see my first white-throated sparrow and dark-eyed junco.

5 comments:

  1. He is a beauty . Great capture of him .
    Fine colors he has too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photograph! Those little things are lightning quick. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gorgeous Joan!! I saw my first white-crowned sparrow this morning at Heritage Park/Brown Farm. Does this mean the cold weather will be coming soon :( I hope it isn't as bad as last winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the comments. I haven't seen any more warblers since that post.

    ReplyDelete